Registered Nurse trained Princess Alexandra Hospital Brisbane 1980
Midwifery Certificate Royal Womens Hospital Brisbane 1982.
Registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency.
Additional qualifications in:
- Bachelor of Nursing (University of New England 1997)
- Master of Primary Heath Care (Flinders Uni of South Australia 2004) major stream in Preventative Mental Health
- Graduate Certificate in Counselling (University of New England 2008)
Completion of the following additional programs:
- Licensed in the S.A Flinders University Chronic Condition Management Program
- Health Change Australia, Completion of Core training in Health Behaviour Change 2012
- Completion of Mindfulness - Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) 8 session course with Alison Keane, Mindfulness Educator, 2012.
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) course Level 1 Teacher training with Mindfulness Training Institute Australasia, April 2018.
- Currently enrolled and supervised through level 11 MBSR teacher training - due to complete end of 2018.
- Usui Traditional System of Reiki Healing Level 11
Helen has many years experience in health and community care including developing, implementing & reviewing health & aged care programs across Darling Downs & SW Qld .
She is now retired from health employment, and primarily focuses on holistic approaches to stress management and has delivered her Mallow Wellbeing Program to many groups and businesses across Southern Darling Downs.
It has been found that most people who try mindfulness programs without a properly trained teacher or with an app, simply don’t practice. Helen is well-trained, dedicated, experienced and goes the extra distance to help you engage with the practice in a meaningful way that can bring real transformation.
Helen works in with several local providers, in particular: